Friday, October 7, 2011

4 Ways to Deliver Wing Chun Punches

This is a video filmed in Hero Club Beijing on the 4 ways that I know of to deliver Wing Chun punches. Indeed, the method of delivery of Wing Chun punches has been a topic of much debate online and on youtube and there are people bashing other practitioners saying that their Wing Chun punch is wrong simply because they studied it one way from their sifu. Through my interaction and experience with so many different sifus I see almost every sifu throwing Wing Chun punch a different way! Are some of them wrong? I don't think so. I think different sifu or lineage simply have a different focus and method and I conclude that there are about 4 (or more) ways to deliver Wing Chun punches and all of them are correct as they all serve different purposes. So if you learn one of these 4 ways, please remember that others aren't wrong, they are just learnt from different lineages and sifus.

No comments:

Post a Comment