Saturday, September 10, 2011

Start Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Training with Chet Quint

I officially started my Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (BJJ) training under Professor Chet Quint (Helios Gracie --> Rickson Gracie --> Pedro Sauer --> Chet Quint) of Team Chet Quint in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu China of Beijing.



The training was short, intense and of course, many of us walk away with certain degrees of injuries. I walked away with some mat burn and a sore windpipe. However, this is the kind of training that makes real fighters who has the ability to execute techniques under real resistance. Indeed, it is Professor Chet Quint's belief that being able to execute techniques under full resistance makes you a real jiu-jitsu fighter. As such, there will always be a session of full resistance rolling after extended demonstration and practise of techniques.

My first lesson in BJJ also taught me that size does matter when fighting on the ground. As such, as a fighter, I would definitely not want to go to the ground in the ring with a fighter who is bigger than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment