Sunday, September 11, 2011

Taking a Recovery Week...

All power athletes and bodybuilders take a full week off every 4 to 8 weeks of intense training and I am going to do mine this week after 8 weeks of intense training.

Indeed, there are overwhelming evidence of power athletes hitting plateaus, burning out or permanently injuring themselves due to months of intense training without giving themselves or their muscles and neuro system a much needed break. Indeed, intense physical conditioning and martial arts training affects not just the physical body but also the neurosystem, leading to bad sleeping and ultimately, depression.

I am going to do my recovery week this week with light walking and light hung gar forms training just to keep the body active and recover from my various injuries. Indeed, I am bruised all over with aches in various joints and open wounds in various places as well and all of these injuries are lowering my motivation to train.

So, if you are an MMA fighter as well, please remember to schedule in your recovery week... you really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment